Erin Cole

I am the director of Education at the House of Hope Orphanage in Zacapa, Guatemala. I am a teacher from St.Paul, Minnesota.

Saturday, April 07, 2007

Good Friday




On Good Friday I invited the Oasis staff to my house for a special lunch. We played an interesting bilingual version of Pictionary and generally enjoyed each other's company. I am so grateful for the friendships I have developed here in Guatemala. What a wonderful way to celebrate the greatest gift of all time, the gift of God's son. In a country where this is observed with such mourning and heaviness of spirit, we can rejoice in the freedom we have in Christ. I feel that these moments are a small glimpse of heaven here on earth!

3 Comments:

Blogger Risa said...

Hi! Glad to see you updating your blog again! :) I missed hearing about you! :) You are looking great and very happy. I look forward to hearing more. :)

10:11 AM  
Blogger Sonorliteman said...

Hey Erin!

Looking over your blog started causing me heartburn again for getting back down there some time...really miss it! Sitting at my desk here at work (corporate environment!) sometimes isn't all that great compared to what we got to do down there. But I certainly can't complain.

Hope things are well for you & the school. Keep up the good work. Perhaps we can visit sometime with our kids.

Daniel (& Mikki, Elijah, & Levi :))

9:16 AM  
Blogger Lindsey said...

I love your house. You made it look so cute. I'm with Daniel, I miss it down there too. I hope to visit sometime after having our baby.

11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home